About the opportunity
Full Time Volunteering with Volunteering Matters is a unique opportunity for people aged 18 and 35 to assist on social care projects across the UK – developing skills, improving self-confidence, meeting new people and changing lives. Volunteering Matters has been placing Full Time Volunteers at the heart of communities since 1962. Our Full Time Volunteers spend between 6-12 months living away from home volunteering on a wide range of projects across the UK.
You may be supporting people with physical disabilities or learning disabilities or mental health issues, befriending older people, supporting families or acting as a mentor for young people. We work with a range of partners including schools, universities, social services departments, homeless hostels and other charities. You’ll also be part of a big team of volunteers across the UK, who along with staff can support you. There will also be plenty of opportunity to get together with other volunteers and have some fun.
- Aged between 18-35 years
- Able to commit for 6-12 months on a full-time basis
- Willing to relocate anywhere in the UK
- Willing to be placed where your help is most needed
- Be a UK or EU/EEA national who is resident in the UK
- Able to provide two suitable references and willing to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) if required
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Free accommodation
- Subsistence which includes £40 per week to buy food (unless meals provided) plus £35 towards out of pocket expenses
- Travel expenses
- Relevant training and on-going support