ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Equip Mentoring uses the power of volunteers to support young people who are at risk of becoming not in employment, education or training (NEET). At Volunteering Matters we recruit, train and match Equip Mentors with young people, providing them with the tools to re-engage with education and make informed decisions about their future career prospects and pathways.
Mentors play a vital role in empowering and guiding individuals to develop skills they need to pursue an ambitious career path and gain increased confidence, resilience and independence.
Volunteer mentors will use their life and work experience, acting as a positive role model to support their mentee, ideally on a weekly basis, to engage in education, training and work opportunities.
The mentor will help the young person develop their confidence and resilience to adapt to changes and fulfil their potential.
- Aged 18 or over
- Patience and good communication skills
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS) which will be paid for by the project
- Committed to volunteering for a minimum of 12 months
- Based in Ipswich and able to meet in the local area
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Full training plus ongoing support including monthly mentor support meetings
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Future references