We’re seeking Dog Walking volunteers to support a COVID-19 community response in Newport.
Right now these volunteers are needed to help people who are self-isolating and unable to leave their home as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of these people are already recognised as those at high risk in society. This could be due to a range of factors, including age or a pre-existing medical condition.
Your role will help lower anxiety and worry, bringing peace of mind and practical support to many people who are unable to exercise their beloved pets.
We’ll provide training, ongoing support, third party liability insurance and out of pocket expenses, including travel costs.
What will this involve?
As a Volunteer Dog Walker you’ll be responsible for:
- Discussing individual pet needs with owner
- Mapping out and agreeing a suitable walking route
- Collecting, handling and dropping off the dog safely
- Walking the dog, strictly following guidance
- Keep a check on activities and regularly letting us know how it’s going
How do i know if i’m right for the role?
We’re looking for people who are:
- Highly organised.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Access to a telephone and email.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- A strong sense of social responsible.