We are seeking Community Volunteer mentors for our Active Volunteering Suffolk project. Active Volunteering Suffolk empowers adults with learning disabilities to take up volunteering placements in different work environments such as retail, gardening and hospitality. Community Volunteer Mentors support these individuals to complete skills training, improve their social and work skills and gain work experience opportunities through volunteering
A Community Volunteer Mentor will support an adult with learning difficulties to attend a volunteering placement for 2 or 3 hours a week. Mentors will share their life and employment skills to help their mentee gain the best experience out of their volunteering placement which may be in retail, horticulture or hospitality.
- Minimum age to be a Support Volunteer is 18 years old
- You will need to complete a criminal record check (DBS) (free to the volunteer)
- You will need to be able to provide references and be available for 1 day of training
- No specialised training or experience required but you must a have a genuine interest in working with adults with learning disabilities
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Training and ongoing support
- Regular contact with Project Manager
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Review and reflection at end of placement
- Future references
- A great experience!