We’re seeking Community Support Volunteers to help a community response in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Right now volunteers are needed to help people who are self-isolating and unable to leave their home as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic through telephone befriending. Many of these people are already recognised as those at high risk in society. This could be due to a range of factors, including age or a pre-existing medical condition.
We’re looking for Community Support Volunteers who will help people maintain contact with the outside world and receive vital medication and/or essential shopping. You’ll be helping keep people safe and healthy whilst ensuring they are less lonely and isolated.
We’ll provide training, ongoing support, third party liability insurance and out of pocket expenses, including travel costs.
What will this involve?
As a Community Support Volunteer you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking delivery orders in your local area
- Making essential shopping trips based on individual needs
- Collecting and dropping off prescribed medication
- Following all government safety guidelines responsibly at all times
- Keeping a check on activities and regularly letting us know how it’s going
How do i know if i’m right for the role?
We’re looking for people who are:
- In good health (we cannot accept applications from those who are at increased risk of severe illness from Coronavirus)
- Socially responsible
- Have good basic literacy and numeracy skills