ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Behind Every Kick aims to combine competitive football (at U16 level) with a creative and exciting off the pitch syllabus incorporating mentoring and working to build self esteem, resilience, time management skills, ambition, commitment and discipline. Every player is matched with a volunteer mentor to support them during an important period of transition in their life.
We will provide training and support for the selected mentors. The mentors will meet with their mentee at least twice monthly (although they will not be limited to this) and be a positive role model, ensuring that they have the necessary support to make decisions on things such as their future education and employability.
- From Hackney or surrounding area
- Aged 21+
- Interest in sport or another specialist area (This will help when matching mentor with mentee
- Well organised and reliable
- Good with young people
- Can meet during the daytime (Desirable)
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
As a volunteer you will receive:
- Full Induction
- Full training
- Advanced DBS check
- Paid travel and expenses
- On-going support while mentoring