Active & Connected Communities aims to recruit volunteers to develop community social groups and activities to alleviate isolation in the over fifties. We work closely with the project’s Community Connectors team who identify where there is a need to develop more activity.
Volunteers will be placed as befrienders with beneficiaries identified by the project, either on a short-term basis in the home, or with groups meeting in a village hall or residents’ lounge. All potential clients are visited in person and assessed by the project coordinator.
- Preferably over 50
- Good listening skills
- Be non-judgmental, patient, friendly and understanding
- An interest or experience with working with older people and supporting them to integrate into group activities.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Volunteering activities that will suit you whether that is befriending or setting up social groups and activities
- Ongoing support throughout your time volunteering with us
- A DBS check
- Training where applicable and relevant
- Travel expenses