Activ8 supports those not in Education, Employment or training (NEET), to help them to develop personally and professionally, using our online platform, with peer-led support from volunteers, and supervision from a volunteer manager.
Your role will be to buddy up with another NEET young person (18-24) through social networking or by phone. You will provide help with CV building, interview skills, job searches, basic life skills (budgeting, staying safe online) and more.
- Contribute to a young people’s youth panel
- Share posters, presentations, quizzes and forms on your personal social network channels.
- Share your reach information with – how many saw your posts. (No minimum target, monitoring purposes only)
- Engage with an online set of resources that you can support your NEET buddy.
- Access to your own social network channels.
- Competency with ICT – know how to use various social networks.
- Support is provided by a volunteer manager.
- Socially responsible. We are not NEET support professionals and we cannot provide advice and guidance. What we need is someone who can engage with our project’s material and deliver it in accordance to our plan.
- Aged 18 – 24
- Not in education, employment or training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest in working with younger people
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Out of pocket expenses including travel costs
- Third-party liability insurance
- Future references
- Ongoing support
- Regular contact with project manager
You’ll receive a certificate and regular opportunities to change the nature of your volunteering or change to supporting other services in our area to provide you with additional experiences.