ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Are you aged 18 to 24 and living in Gwent? Looking for support to gain experience and help you get skills to move into employment, education or training?
Then let the Activ8 project help unlock your potential today.
Activ8 is a peer-led project that delivers bespoke and tailored activities to young people, aged 18 – 24 years, who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), combining the benefits of peer-support, focused and relevant learning packages and quality opportunities to volunteer within a supportive community environment.
Activ8 will engage with NEET young people to develop their skills, confidence and knowledge to help them progress into volunteering, education, employment or training.
- Aged 18 – 24
- Not in education, employment or training
- Live Gwent (Torfaen, Monmouthshire, Caerphilly, Newport and Blaenau Gwent Boroughs)
- Able to provide eligibility identification documents i.e. birth certificate, National Insurance Number, proof of benefits
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction, tailored 1-1 progression plan and ongoing support.
- Out of pocket expenses and support towards childcare costs.
- Access to bespoke travel support scheme.
- Essential skills and development support.
- Access to the Activ8 peer support network sessions.
- Progression to secure stable volunteer, education, training and employment placements.
- Opportunities to gain accredited qualifications.
- Links to services for benefits checks.
- Enrolment in recognition/celebration events.
- Access to other support related referral services.