Grandmentors Project Coordinator
Job Ref: V492
Hours: 35 hours
Start date: ASAP
Location: Brent, London
Closing date: 18th February 2024
Interview date and Location: TBC, Microsoft Teams
About Volunteering Matters
Everyone in the UK should have the opportunity to thrive. So we bring people together to overcome some of society’s most complex issues through the power of volunteering.
We partner with communities to overcome adversity, tackling social isolation and loneliness, improving health, developing skills and opportunities and making sure young people can lead change. And because we’re a national charity, we do this at scale, sharing our expertise and building partnerships to make an even bigger impact.
We turn local knowledge and energy into action and progress, building stronger communities and a better future for all.
Grandmentors is an innovative volunteering project where older volunteers (aged 50+) use their lifetime of skills and experience to support and mentor younger adults leaving the care system. These young adults often need a guiding hand and tole model to support them to find work, continue their education or begin training – ultimately giving them the skills and self-belief to lead successful and independent lives.
About the Role
To effectively deliver all aspects of our Grandmentors project in Brent, ensuring it achieves its aims, objectives, outcomes and targets. The post holder will work alongside the Leaving Care team within Brent council and with local volunteers to ensure that we improve and empower the lives of care experienced young people (aged 16 – 25) through the unique power of inter-generational mentoring.
- To effectively deliver the service to ensure the project meets its agreed targets and milestones.
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and local authority staff at a day-to-day level.
- To ensure volunteers are recruited, appropriately trained and supported in their role; this will involve processing volunteer expenses, DBS checks and maintaining databases.
- To ensure regular communication between project staff and volunteers is maintained and that regular supervision for volunteers is provided.
- To work with your line manager to ensure project expenditure is in line with the budget.
- To maintain accurate administration for all aspects of the project.
- To maintain accurate records on all aspects of the project and submit data onto a secure database.
- To manage and maintain effective monitoring and evaluation records to capture impact and outcomes and ensure contractual compliance.
- To implement and maintain appropriate risk assessments management processes.
- To prepare regular impact and progress reports for both internal and external purposes.
- To develop relevant information to promote and raise the profile of Volunteering Matters locally.
- To promote and adhere to Volunteering Matters Equality and Diversity Policy and all other Volunteering Matters policies which relate to the work of Grandmentors.
- To contribute to joint working and teamwork across Volunteering Matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding and developing workload.
- Evidence of good administrative and IT skills and the ability to maintain project monitoring and administrative records.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, young people and partners.
- Ability to assess risk and carry out risk assessments.
- The ability to motivate, enthuse and empower yourself and others.
Relevant experience and values alignment is more important for this role than specific qualifications. This role does require Enhanced DBS clearance.
There is an expectation to travel across Brent regularly in the role therefore requires someone based within London. With a flexible working policy, the postholder can be based from home or within Brent Council offices. The postholder will need internet access to enable remote working. I.T equipment and infrastructure will be supplied.
Our Values & Way of Working:
In all that we do, we embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values: Empowering, Inclusive, Compassionate, Positive & Straightforward.
This job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role.
Diversity & Inclusion
Volunteering Matters welcomes all applicants and are keen to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the UK and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from disabled, LGBT and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, along with candidates with any protected characteristics and from disadvantaged groups.
Disability Confident & Reasonable Adjustments:
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. Please provide evidence in your application, which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required in the “Experience/Skills” section of this advert.
To be considered for a guaranteed interview or to discuss any reasonable adjustments during the process, please state this in your application or contact email@example.com for more information.
We have also committed to the following pledges which positively encompass our recruitment and selection processes and methodology: The Promise, Show The Salary, Salary History.
If you apply for a role with us, we will retain your contact details including your name, address, email address and phone number to help us manage your application for up to 6 months. We will not use your personal data for any other purpose or share it with any third party. You can contact us at any point to update your personal information or ask us to delete it from our records.
How to Apply
- Please complete the Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating which role you are applying for.
- Complete the Recruitment Monitoring Form
- If you would like to have a discussion with the Hiring Manager, please request this from email@example.com