“Deciding to volunteer is one of the best decisions I have made. It has given me the chance to give something back to the community whilst gaining valuable career experience” – Tina
Full Time Volunteering with Volunteering Matters is a unique opportunity for people aged 18 and 35 to assist on social care projects across the UK – developing skills, improving self-confidence, meeting new people and changing lives.
Volunteering Matters has been placing Full Time Volunteers at the heart of communities since 1962. Our Full Time Volunteers spend between 6-12 months living away from home volunteering on a wide range of projects across the UK.
What will I be doing?
You may be supporting people with physical disabilities or learning disabilities or mental health issues, befriending older people, supporting families or acting as a mentor for young people. We work with a range of partners including schools, universities, social services departments, homeless hostels and other charities.
Volunteers carry out a wide range of activities including:
- Providing companionship and support
- Acting as a mentor or role model
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as shopping, cooking or cleaning
- Helping with practical and personal day to day tasks
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities
Why become a Full Time Volunteer?
Our Full Time Volunteers apply to take part for many different reasons:
- To gain valuable work experience and skills
- To take a constructive gap year
- To improve self confidence and independence
- To make a difference and give something back
Full Time Volunteering is an excellent way of gaining recognised work experience for a variety of careers including social work, health care such as nursing, youth work, psychology or teaching.
Who can volunteer?
No previous experience or specific qualifications are required
You need to be:
- Able to commit for 6-12 months full time
- Aged between 18 – 35
- Able to move away from home and be placed anywhere in the UK
- Willing to be placed where your help is most needed
- A UK, EU or EEA national and resident in the UK*
- Able to provide two suitable references
*If you are not a UK or EU/EEA national living in the UK, please contact us for more information.
What do you receive?
Our volunteers receive:
- Free accommodation
- Subsistence which includes food and day to day expenses
- Travel expenses to and from your project
- Support and relevant training
- Certificate and reference
Contact 0121 643 7690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org